Dr. Kennedy O. Obohwemu is a medical graduate of Delta State University, Abraka. He hails from Oteri in Ughelli North Local Government Area (LGA) of Delta State, Nigeria.
He attended Government College, Victoria Island (GOCOVI), Lagos where he served as Senior Prefect. He effectively utilised this position to win laurels for the school, participating in and winning various Quiz Competitions, Essay Competitions & Inter-School Debates.
Dr. Kennedy did his Housemanship (Internship) in Delta State University Teaching Hospital, Oghara, Nigeria. He is a much traveled personage. He has visited virtually every medical school in the country, exchanging vision and ideas. In 2006 he was among 18 delegates that represented Nigeria in the National Convention hosted by Federation of Ghana Catholic Health Trainees, University of Ghana Medical School, Accra. He repeated that feat in 2009, leading 24 delegates to another edition of the Conference.
He is a born leader, an uncanny talent, a refulgent adjudicator, a trusted administrator, and an exotic breed, a man of first-class ideas, objective, creative, exquisite! He has held numerous offices in the past, even while in medical school, and most of his achievements are still unsurpassed:
- Overall Best Student (J.S.S. I), Wahab Folawiyo High School, Ikoyi, Lagos (1995)
- Overall Best Student (J.S.S. II – S.S.S. III), Government College, Victoria Island (GOCOVI), Lagos (1996 – 2000)
- Senior Prefect (Head Boy), GOCOVI, Lagos (1999 – 2000)
- Best Senior Prefect (Head Boy) Ever, GOCOVI, Lagos (2000)
- President, Our Lady Mother of Good Counsel Praesidium (Legion of Mary), St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Oratory, 1004 Flats, Victoria Island, Lagos (1997 – 2001)
- President, School Christian Fellowship, GOCOVI (1999 – 2000)
- Founder & First President, Science Students’ Union (SSU), GOCOVI, Lagos (1999 – 2000)
- Founder & First President, Catholic Dramatic Society (CDS), St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Oratory, 1004 Flats, Victoria Island, Lagos (2004 – 2006)
- Founder & First President, Federation of Catholic Medical & Dental Students (FECAMDS), DELSU Chapter (2005 – 2007)
- President, Catholic Youth Organisation of Nigeria (CYON), Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Abraka (2004 – 2007)
- Honourable Speaker of Congress, Delta State University Medical & Dental Students’ Association (DUMSA), Abraka (2005 – 2006)
- President, Rotaract Club of Delta State University, Abraka, Rotary Shares Board, 2007/2008
- National President, Federation of Catholic Medical & Dental Students (FECAMDS) (2008 – 2010)
- Founder & National President, Association of Nigerian Student Authors (ANSA), (2010 – 2011)
- President, Association of Resident Doctors (ARD), Federal Medical Centre, Lokoja (2015/2016)
- President/CEO, PENKUP FOUNDATION
- President, Rotary Club of Lokoja Metro (2017/2018 Rotary Year)
- Chairman, Association of Nigerian Authors (ANA), Kogi State Chapter (2017/2019)
- Author, ‘Every Time We Meet’ [(full-length romantic-suspense novel), 2010]
- Author, ‘Twisted’ (multiple award-winning international blockbuster novel, 2014)
- Member, International Society of Poets (since 2004)
- NYSC/Kogi State Government Merit Award for Outstanding Performance & Excellent Services (2013).
- Award of Excellence by Rotaract Club of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja (2016).
An avid reader, Dr. Kennedy enjoys stories of love, mystery and suspense. He is a publisher, editor, novelist, playwright, visionary poet, activist and social blogger.