‘An error does not become truth by reason of multiple propagations nor does truth become error because nobody sees it. Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self sustained’.
– Mahatma Gandhi
The Association of Resident Doctors, LTH, Osogbo held her Extra-ordinary General Meeting (EGM) at the ARD Lounge, LTH, Osogbo on the 3rd of May, 2016.
The association wishes to bring to the notice of well-meaning Nigerians (indigenes and non-indigenes alike) as well as the Presidency, the observations and resolutions made at the meeting.
The following were the observations made:
1) that the State Government has remained unperturbed despite the protracted industrial action which has been on since last year September;
2) that the said intervention initiated on the 15th of April, 2016 by some stakeholders did not reveal any sincere intention to resolving issues;
3) that contrary to the news being circulated around by some cohorts, there is no existing concrete agreement towards addressing the present impasse;
4) that SINCERE attempts from ‘outside the state’ to intervene were resisted by the state government;
5) that the State Government and their representatives have taken to blackmail, intimidation and unjust victimisation of our members;
6) that the government has concluded plans to destroy the only existing state-owned tertiary health institution;
7) that the government has taken pleasure in ensuring the total collapse of health care delivery in the state and its attendant loss of lives;
After extensive deliberations, the following resolutions were made:
1) The General Meeting unanimously agreed to sustain the industrial action until all pending issues are resolved;
2) that the ‘Presidency’ should as a matter of urgency intervene to arrest the looming collapse of health care delivery and avoidable loss of lives.
ONE WITH GOD IS A MAJORITY!!!
We appreciate the State Security Service, the Nigerian Police Force and the gentlemen of the press for their professionalism.
Long Live ARD, LTH-Osogbo!
Long Live Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Dr. Owolabi A. O. (President)
Dr. Folami E. O. (Gen Secretary)
Dr. Ojo A.K. (PRO)